Archive | Central America

Panama city at night

Panama Diamond Exchange

Panama is preparing to launch its Panama Gem & Jewelry Center, the first dedicated facility for the diamond, jewelry and colored stones trades in the region, which includes South and Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean. Panamanian President Ricardo Martinelli will be the guest of honor at the March launch and he will be joined […]

Continue Reading

E-Gold Meltdown

We received the following message today from Capital Conservator Another indictment, handed down on October 30, 2007, charges E-Gold Ltd; Gold & Silver Reserve, Inc.; and their owners Dr. Douglas L. Jackson, of Satellite Beach, Fla.; Reid A. Jackson, of Melbourne, Fla.; and Barry K. Downey, of Woodbine, Md., each with one count of conspiracy […]

Continue Reading

When an Offshore Bank Fails

by Ronald Edwards Special Notice: Offshore Banks are not fully licensed banks. Panama Legal Law Firm Never opens accounts for clients at offshore banks anywhere. Article for information only. Introduction – What we are going to do is describe the legal and mechanical process relating to offshore bank failures. We will discuss what leads up […]

Continue Reading

World Bank-based CGAP Honors Pro Mujer for Excellence

Pro Mujer, a leading microfinance and women’s development network in Latin America, is pleased to announce that Pro Mujer Nicaragua has been awarded the 2006 Financial Transparency Award from the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP). New York, NY (PRWEB) March 21, 2007 — Pro Mujer , a leading microfinance and women’s development network […]

Continue Reading

Hostile Developments Make Panama Companies More Important

(PRLEAP.COM) Panama City, Panama – Panama International Business Corporations (IBCs) have been an offshore strategy for 75 years. Over recent months, Panama companies – and foundations and offshore bank accounts – have been elevated to a new level in the offshore arena. In response, an American-owned company is helping entities that wish to keep their […]

Continue Reading

Belize Offshore Company Taxation

by Bruce Stander When it comes to the taxation of an offshore company incorporated in Belize there is really only one thing to know and that is an offshore IBC is exempt from all taxes and stamp duty! The structure of a Belize IBC is totally non-restrictive. There are many potential benefits to establishing an […]

Continue Reading

Stock Trading with an Offshore Brokerage Account

by Richard Price With an IBC (International Business Corporation), trading offshore can have many advantages. Your offshore brokerage account can be under your IBC company name, which ensures privacy while trading because your personal name is never revealed. Offshore brokerage houses have been using this technique for years to trade in complete privacy in a […]

Continue Reading

Slowing the Flow of Money for Online Gambling

ACH/EFT: Easy to shut off. 80% of all activity goes over a network controlled by the US gov. The remaining 20% goes over a small group of networks who are part of the NACHA. NACHA issued the memo that lead to the shutdown of Neteller, Click2Pay, and other payment processors the other week. All they […]

Continue Reading

Panama’s Not Cheap Anymore

By Casey Halloran Panama City, Panama — In the late 90s, I first began hearing about Panama while living in Costa Rica. There was a groundswell movement of expats who felt that the cost of living in Costa Rica was too high and sought greener pastures, quite literally. They found their lower cost lifestyle a […]

Continue Reading

The Belize Economy

The Belize economy is essentially a bifurcation of two different kinds of people: the locals versus the foreigners. With such a small population that is Belize born and raised, the foreigners are really the ones who have started to dominate the economy on all cylinders. Because of this, many locals feel left behind due to […]

Continue Reading